JOIN OUR TEAM
4moms is a special place. We accomplish great things and have a great time doing it.
Our mission is to develop DRAMATICALLY BETTER juvenile products and build a GREAT COMPANY. But what's that mean?
Well, dramatically better products redefine the most important attribute in their category. Take a look at the origami's power, the mamaRoo's motions or the breeze's fold and we think you'll understand what we're after.
And great companies care about more than just financial success. Just look through our photo albums on Facebook and you see that 4moms is more than a company, we're a family. We treat people like they are our most important asset, because they are.
Do you want to be part of 4moms? Take a look at our openings below and see if there's a fit. We're looking forward to hearing from YOU!
- Location: Pittsburgh, PAType:
- Type: Full Time
- Min. Experience: Experienced
4moms has introduced robotics technology to the juvenile industry with our suite of high-tech baby gear. We incorporate mechatronic technology and electronics into our products to expand their functions and increase ease of use. We design every product we make with intense attention to detail. Our people are smart, talented and passionate; yet humble enough to restock office supplies.
We are looking to add an experienced Senior Accountant to our team. This person will be detailed oriented and highly organized, with focus on technical accounting issues and financial statement analysis to illustrate the business story. The right person will be a self-starter, deadline driven, with a strong ability to work independently, coupled with strong communication skills to collaborate cross functionally.
What you ‘ll doing:
- Be the subject matter expert and technical accounting owner for various business processes. Some examples may include revenue recognition, selling and marketing expenses, product development expenses, and fixed assets.
- Create and present monthly reports such as balance sheet reconciliations, P&L variance analyses, and financial statements.
- Administer aspects of internal and external financial reporting, including reporting to the Board of Directors, investors, bankers, etc.
- Administer aspects of the annual financial audit with our big 4 audit firm
- Manage key aspects of the treasury process, including online banking, corporate credit account administration, cash application, and intercompany cash.
- Maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts that correspond to the business processes you are responsible for.
- Develop and document accounting processes, desk procedures, and technical accounting conclusions in accordance with US GAAP, and adhere to sound internal control practices.
- Assist in special projects as needed
What we need from you:
- 2+ years of Big 4 accounting experience with increasing job responsibilities
- CPA license, or demonstrated progression towards CPA license
- Experience working with accounting systems (SAP preferred)
- Demonstrated advanced experience with MS Excel
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to details
- Diligent about meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
4moms employees enjoy a very competitive benefits package that includes competitive medical, dental, prescription, life insurance, 401(K), open paid time off, an open & casual work environment, frequent catered lunches, and more.
4moms’ company culture is focused on fostering creativity and collaboration. The company has an open, shared workspace featuring communal lounges, rather than boring office cubes. Our work environment promotes teamwork and unscripted conversations, resulting in fast fixes and therefore, better outcomes, and dramatically better products.
Located in the City of Pittsburgh, 4moms sells products in more than 1,000 retail locations in the United States and has distribution across the globe. The brand and its products have been featured in the national media on programs like “The Today Show” and “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” and in news outlets such as CNN, Forbes, Yahoo! Tech, Inc. and New York Times. 4moms products have also been spotted on popular primetime shows, including “How I Met Your Mother” and “Modern Family.”
Thorley Industries, LLC, d.b.a. 4moms, is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet